Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New headers will have to wait

I just spoke with the company that helps me find parts for my car about headers as the one on the passenger side of the car is busted.

Initially I was told that they'd cost about 2000 Skr ($280) but I wanted to go for the TA Performance headers so I asked them for a price quote on those (they cost $445 in the States at the time of writing).

They couldn't get headers from TA but quoted me for a pair of Hooker headers instead. Unfortunately these would cost me 7595 Skr ($1060). A lot of money indeed.

So now I'll have to wait with headers until the next winter and then I'll most likely get the TA Performance headers directly from them as those are the ones I want (plus, they'll most likely be cheaper - even after shipping, VAT and customs).

For this summer I'll just weld the existing ones into usable shape.

No comments: