Saturday, December 16, 2006

Rain is the enemy


My Buick Gs 455 originates from Alabama where she's as far as I know spent the majority of her life. The probability of her being used to rain is in other words slim to none very high.

Imagine the shock she I got when it started raining here (I live in Sweden). She took in water like she'd hit an iceberg - something that pisses me off as the seller never mentioned this!

I got myself a car cover from local accessories shop Biltema and thought no more about it. It turns out that the cover is anything but water resistant which meant that my poor car looked terrible after weeks of down pour.

After getting the interior as dry as possible I wrapped the car in tarp as well as the car cover I previously bought. Even though they seem to keep the water out they can't resist the autumn storms resulting in them being torn off the car, no matter how hard I secure them.

All I want for Christmas is a garage.

Edit: Found out that it rains in Alabama as well which changes my view on this whole ordeal a bit.

No comments: