Thursday, December 21, 2006

The sound of silence...

... is nowhere to be heard when I fire up my BBB. I need to take care of the noise - no matter how glorious it is - in order to pass the DMV (Bilprovningen) inspection.

I'm not sure what size my current exhaust system is but my guess is at least 3" (and looking at a ruler, 4" wouldn't be far off) with a couple of Flowmaster mufflers. They sound a bit like this Chevelle from 1971.

The header on the passenger side needs to be replaced as it has been quite dented due to the low ground cleareance so I might just get me a entirely new system to begin with and in the process move to a 2" system to get the noise down a bit for longer journeys (but I do love the noise it makes now).

The current system isn't in bad shape except for the headers so I might be able to sell it. Or, if space allows, keep it for my up and coming, secret, project. ;)

No comments: