Sunday, March 25, 2007

The engine is out and is being cleaned

I got the engine on a stand yesterday and spent most of the day taking it apart so much that I can paint it - cleaning it in the process.

All in all the innards of the engine looks really nice and clean and there's no metal filings or shavings to be found in the oil pickup filter.

The only thing that looks really bad is the gears for the MSD distributor billet, not a pretty sight at all. Here's how the cam end looks.

A handy tip: if you need to turn the crank shaft by hand, the shaft from the oil pump gear fits like a glove. :)

The cam itself looks quite alright to me - too bad about the worn out gear to the distributor.

I'll be going back to the garage this tuesday and keep on cleaning the engine and the engine bay.

Oh yeah - the old headers weren't broken, just very rusty and beat up, so I won't have to repair them. Another thing to strike from my list. :)

No comments: