Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Removing the engine, part 2

This past weekend I got around to getting the engine out. It wasn't all that hard, it just took some more or less tedious work. :)

The hardest part was removing some of the bolts that connected the transmission to the engine as they weren't exactly easy to reach. I broke off a spark plug and the connection from the water temperature giver but other than that all of the bolts and nuts came off easily enough.

There's a couple of parts - like the lines to the transmission from the radiator - that I need to replace. The engine mounts seems to be in need of replacement as well.

It would also seem as if my AC compressor is mounted a bit backwards, especially compared to this picture.

Only a few parts are in bigger need of a restoration than others but it'll still take quite a bit of time and money to get the engine and the engine compartment in the shape I want it.

Still, that's the fun part. :)

No comments: