Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My credit card hurts

I just got off the phone with TA Performance, ordering some parts. The ones I needed are some oil mods (almost all of them) but I really wanted new headers as well (the super competition doesn't fit my car so the "regular" competition would have to do).

When I spoke to them yesterday they explained that shipping via UPS would cost me $677 (4840 Kr)! As always, the guys at V8Buick.com came to the rescue and hooked me up with a guy from Sweden that imports cars and parts on a regular basis. He agreed to help me out with a shipping cost of about $105 (cirka 750 Kr). A lot more sane than $677.

All in all this purchase will set me back $556 (3975 Kr) + shipping, customs and VAT - a grand total of $940 (6710 Kr).

The only comfort is that right now my Visa is only charged the $556, the additional $384 is coming later (a week in the case of the oil mods, 3 months in the case of the headers). I still need a new wiring harness for the engine though...

I got a lot done during the weekend - I just haven't had time to update. I will try to rectify that asap.

No comments: